Green Roofs, Green Walls, Vertical / Roof Top Agriculture Training
George Irwin, former teacher- ”Just because green roofs, green walls and agriculture are taught in a classroom does not guarantee that it is learned or provide the skills and ability to perform the tasks required in a safe, effective and successful manner. An authentic learning approach involves engaging and reflective opportunities for attendees to generate real experience and authenticity in addition to a classroom experience.”
Universities and Schools be sure to visit our Education tab!
The current NYC training is closed, thank you! If you are seeking one on one or need help estimating and managing projects please call us directly. We anticipate the next training to be hosted at our new state of the art facility in Rochester New York mid to late summer! Please join our mailing list for the most up to date events. We are also available for University and higher education consulting and train the trainer programs.GRP Professionals seeking authentic hands on applications please contact us directly if you have a project you would like us to help you quote, manage or field train you. Don’t make your first project a hazard or a failure!
A Professional Reference. This 210-page book is a no-nonsense guide to all types of green roof installations for the professional and DIY hobbyist. This is the center of the GLTi training manual, now available to the public. Completely illustrated, it discloses some of the industry’s best kept secrets, waterproofing, authentic product applications and evaluation of product performance.
NOTE: The book is being assembled for Amazon until then this is a downloadable PDF version.
This two-day event will provide:
- History of green roofs and walls
- Identify various roof membranes and waterproofing
- Recommend a roof membrane and waterproofing
- Identify common types of green roof systems
- Introduction to the Green Living Roof Panels
- Compare the Green Living Roof Panels to trays, other green roofs systems, the pros and cons
- Learn the truth about how the green roof industry really works
- Applied the Green Living Roof panels
- Introduction to the Green Living Wall
- Bracket system
- Freestanding systems
- Agriculture and produce, food factories
- Pre - grown green roofs / walls
- Other green roof plants (intensive and hybrid)
- Green wall plants and their relationship to green wall depth
- Edible crops and the Green Living Wall
- Common installation techniques of the Green Living Wall
- Compare the Green Living Wall to others, including felt hydroponic walls
- Introduction to plant material & Growing Media: GLTi boiSoil
- Various irrigation options
- Green Walls
- Green Roofs
- Green roof and wall maintenance
- Hands-on green roof and wall installation
- Much More!
Joining George Irwin aka “The Green Wall Editor” (Georges bio) will also be introducing the Hyload Waterproofing Systems as the ultimate solution for any green roof, below-grade, above-grade or plaza deck waterproofing project.
- Patented lightweight technology with superior water holding and distribution
- 20 to 30 year single source warranty includes overburden removal.
- All vegetation and waterproofing are under one warranty.
- Waterproofing inspections and preventative maintenance are included under the vegetative warranty.
- Simplified service and responsibility.
- Green roof & waterproofing experts!
GLTi is the only company in the US to distribute both patented green roof and green walls
This is a unique opportunity to interact and become educated about the simplicity of green roofs, green walls, urban, vertical and roof top agriculture and waterproofing, learn by doing. Attendees will be able to compare products and technologies. In addition, a review of common mistakes and details will provide an even deeper understanding of how to make these technologies work successfully.
The events are open to the public however, professionals, space is limited, early registration is suggested, limited space available.
The GLT Institute Professional training and workshop is supported by the NYC Department of Education as part of a CTE (Career Technical Education) program. Certification begins with a two or three-day training module, each morning is followed by a hands-on construction session, one on green roofs and green walls. Unlike other accreditation’s, the GLTi training is much more than a lecture series, it’s also a hands on demonstration and application comparing products. You will learn the differences between other technologies!
- Professional hands on training, we teach safety (OSHA 10 Offered ), working in elevated environments with authentic learning.
- Modern techniques and materials, there is science and biology behind the success.
- Our training is backed by a future degree track program in green technologies including a base curriculum around the GLTi technologies and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- George Irwin himself owns and invented the technology and NOT a representative who knows little about many products.
- We remove the confusion from green roofs and walls and simplify the process.
- Learn from the global leader about the GLTi systems and other technologies all in one class.
- Unlike an accreditation,we offer ongoing hands on authentic learning, job-site supervisors and estimators for all or any of your projects.
- We provide quoting for profit support, engineering, shop drawings, custom manufacturing.
- We are a global leader and can accommodate projects around the world.
This training includes learning opportunities within the GLTi Food Factory, GLTi Roof Farms and Vertical Agriculture!
Group Training and Schools
Schools & University’s we provide scholarships to students and staff if you host a GLTi Training and we provide a free wall or green roof.
Email Info@gltinstitute.com or call us 800-631-8001