George Irwin, President & Teacher- “Just because green roofs, green walls and agriculture are taught in a classroom or lecture does not guarantee that it is learned or provide the skills and ability to perform the tasks required in a safe, effective and successful manner. An authentic learning approach involves engaging and reflective opportunities for attendees to generate real experience and authenticity in addition to a classroom experience.”
Living Walls – Interior, Exterior & Vertical AgricultureWhen: Saturday June 7th, 2014 – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Sunday June 8th, 2014 – 8:00 am – 11:30 am Location: Ernest R. Munch Architecture & Urban Planning, LLC 111 S.W. Oak Street, Suite 300 Portland, Oregon 97204
This workshop is a demonstration and authentic participation (not required) for designers, architects, engineers, contractors, educators and other professionals. The discussion includes a full range of topics from history, product comparisons, techniques, maintenance, and science, advanced biological technology, vertical farming and more! (Full Syllabus) Experience a hands on application planting & installing both an exterior and interior green living wall complete with irrigation. GLTi provides the only authentic class and lecture experience in the world both in a classroom and on real projects, learn by doing! GLTi has taught over 2000 attendees in ten countries.Instructors: George Irwin, President, GLTi (aka “The Green Wall Editor, Greenroofs.com) Bio Marc Wiener ASLA VP of Sales and Construction
Tuition:$249.00 before May 18, 2014 $299.00 after May 19, 2014 Credit Card users please click “Buy Now” No checks accepted – Cancellations subject to a 75.00 service fee.
Unlike other “Four hour lecture only” classes the GLTi series of workshops and demonstrations are authentic experiences!GRP Professionals seeking authentic support please contact us directly if you have a project you would like us to teach you how to quote, manage or field train your team. Don’t make your first project a hazard or a failure!
One and 1/2 day event includes:
This Green Living Technologies International LLC (GLTi) workshop is designed as a pre-courser to more advanced authentic training. This is a broad demonstration of Green Living Wall systems for designers, architects, engineers, educators, and other professionals. Upon completion you will understand:
- History of green walls
- Introduction to the Green Living Wall
- Definitions /Pedagogy
- Introduction to the GLTi Plug and Play Living Wall
- Compare the Green Living Wall to others
- Common installation techniques of the Green Living Wall
· How does it work
· Various techniques – Hydroponic, Soil-less media, Pots1. bioSoil 2. Nanotechnology designed for Green Living Walls a. Nitrogen fixing bacteria b. Beneficial organisms c. Compost
- Introduction to Plant Material
- Various irrigation options
· Calculating water use, zero waste
- Green wall maintenance
- Green Living Technologies and LEED
- Recommend a product based on budget, function and client expectations
- How you can add these skills to your existing business
- Budget projections for profitability
- Practical experience with both interior and exterior green living wall installation
- Attendee participation, plant and install an exterior and interior Green Living Wall
GLTi is the only company in the US manufacturing with both patented green roof and green walls
This is a unique opportunity to interact and become informed about the simplicity of green walls, urban, vertical agriculture with the global resource on various system technologies. Attendees will be able to compare products and technologies backed by case studies and documentation. In addition, a review of common mistakes and details will provide an even deeper understanding of how to make green living walls successful.
The events are open to the public however, professionals, space is limited, early registration is advised.
- Compare products, techniques and applications.
- Modern techniques and materials, there is science and biology behind the success.
- Our training is backed by a future degree track program in green technologies including a base curriculum around the GLTi technologies and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- George Irwin President, himself invented the technology and NOT a representative who knows little about many products.
- We remove the confusion from living walls and simplify the process.
- Learn from the global leader in green wall technologies.
- Unlike an accreditation,we offer ongoing hands on authentic learning, job-site supervisors and estimators for all or any of your projects.
- We provide quoting for profit support, engineering, shop drawings, custom manufacturing.
- We are a global leader and can accommodate you and your projects around the world.
This demonstration includes learning and discussion opportunities within the GLTi Food Factory, GLTi Roof Farms and Vertical Agriculture!
University and Schools
Email Info@agreenroof.com or call us 800-631-8001
A Professional Reference. This 210-page book is a no-nonsense guide to all types of green roof installations for the professional and DIY hobbyist. This is the center of the GLTi training manual, now available to the public. Completely illustrated, it discloses some of the industry’s best kept secrets, waterproofing, authentic product applications and evaluation of product performance.
Click “Buy Now” to Purchase